Best 2020-2021 performance summer/all-season tires
“Power is nothing without control.” The famous slogan dear to Pirelli's heart is true for any tire, but even more so for tires designed for performance vehicles. Indeed, an athlete cannot perform without the right shoes. The same holds true for a high-performance vehicle, which will only be able to reach peak prowess with specially designed tires.
For all that, it is impossible to use slick tires on the road! The roadway is far from being as perfect as the surface of a racetrack, and weather conditions can change quickly during the same ride. And in this last case, you won't be able to stop at the pit like drivers who put on their “rain” tires at the slightest drop! The solution? Opt for “performance” summer or all-season tires!
Blackcircles Canada, your online tire specialist in the country, presents below its selection of the best performance tires for the coming season!
You can also return to the 2021 Top Tires page here.
1. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4: unrivalled performance for the summer season!
Michelin is one of the oldest and most innovative and respected tire manufacturers in the industry, and this is evident in every aspect of their Pilot Sport A/S 4. This all-season tire is simply designed to provide optimum performance for your sports car, so that you can get the very best out of it, whether in dry, wet or light snow conditions.
More precisely, opting for the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tire means:
- Exceptional lateral grip, thanks to an asymmetrical tread pattern with more rubber on the outer shoulder.
- Maximized grip on smooth roads with Extreme Silica+, a race-inspired tread compound with high silica content.
- 360-degree variable sipes for improved grip in wet and light snowy conditions.
- Michelin Helio+ technology, a rubber that grips the road surface even in freezing weather.
- 70,000 km warranty, which is exceptional for a high-performance tire.
- 29% more tread durability than the competition.
If you want to have one of the best performance tires to further enhance the qualities of your car over time, the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 will fully satisfy you!
2. Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06: performance for SUVs!
The ExtremeContact DWS 06 from Continental is a versatility champion. Primarily intended for SUVs, it can also be used as a performance tire for your premium sedan. Extreme durability, surprising snow capabilities even while not approved as a winter tire in Canada, and exceptional braking performance on wet roads: this tire can do it all! What is more, you’ll finally be able to monitor the evolution of your “Conti” thanks to the multiple performance indicators on the tires.
The ExtremeContact DWS 06 more specifically:
- Covered by an 80 000 km tread wear warranty.
- Available for a wide range of wheel sizes (16 to 22 inches).
- Particularly suitable for vehicles with all-wheel drive.
- Optimal water evacuation, thanks in particular to much more curved grooves.
- High level of energy efficiency for a “performance” tire.
If you want a capable, versatile and durable tire for your SUV or sedan with all-wheel drive, don’t hesitate to choose the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06!
3. Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II: the ultimate all-season tire!
With the slogan mentioned in the introduction, this top high-performance all-season/summer tire list would not be complete without Pirelli! Here they are with the excellent Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II all-season model. This tire, primarily intended for SUVs and luxury sedans, manages to reconcile high-flying capabilities with ride comfort, which are often conflicting aspects.
With the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II, you can count on:
- Exceptional ride comfort and quiet for a performance tire.
- Unparalleled responsiveness in dry, wet, or light snow conditions.
- Four deep circumferential grooves and high lateral sipe density to effectively disperse excess water while remaining very stable laterally.
- Low rolling resistance, to maximize your energy efficiency while reducing carbon dioxide emissions.
- Tremendous durability on top of Pirelli's 110,000 km treadwear coverage.
So, if you want to enjoy driving your premium vehicle from spring to fall, year after year and in any condition, this tire is for you!
4. Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS: outstanding high-performance all-season tire!
Let's be clear, the Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS features characteristics akin to that of a track tire! However, it is approved for road use. Sharp handling, significantly reduced risk of hydroplaning on wet roadway and unrivalled deceleration capabilities, all this with longevity: the Potenza RE980AS will give you unparalleled driving pleasure as much on beautiful, twisty roads as on the track, where it will be perfectly at ease.
More specifically, the Potenza RE980AS is:
- 3D full depth sipes with chamfered slots, providing amazing braking power on both wet and dry roads.
- Open shoulder slots that greatly help to reduce of hydroplaning risk.
- Exceptional long-term performance, thanks to its 80,000 km treadwear warranty.
If your priority is driving pleasure with a few outings on the track this summer, the Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS is THE best high-performance tire you need for your premium high-performance coupe or sedan!
5. Yokohama Advan Sport A/S: high performance and longevity finally reconciled!
Yokohama may not be as well known as other manufacturers on this list, but it still offers tires that are at the cutting edge of technology. And its Advan Sport A/S is a perfect example of this, with exceptional characteristics in all conditions and surprising durability for this type of tire.
Indeed, the Yokohama Advan Sport A/S features:
- 90,000 km treadwear warranty.
- Extra-large outer shoulder blocks for amazing cornering stability.
- Four-pitch tread variation pattern that significantly reduces road noise.
- Innovative compound which dramatically reduces braking distances on wet roads in cold weather.
Do you want a durable, ultra-high performance tire with exceptional capabilities, even when the temperature drops or when the weather is wet? The Advan Sport A/S from Yokohama is for you!
6. Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate: THE summer tire for super-sports cars you need!
Goodyear is one of the most respected players in the tire industry and for good reason: it designs tires that incorporate the latest innovations in the industry every time. And its Eagle Exhilarate model proves it! It is a true reflection of the manufacturer's best work. In fact, this performance summer tire for ultra-high performance cars like Porsches will allow you to exploit the full potential of your car on the track and on the road, in both dry and wet conditions.
Here are some more specific facts about the Eagle Exhilarate:
- ActiveGrip Technology will enhance your sports car’s handling while maximizing road grip.
- ActiveBraking Technology will give you unparalleled braking capabilities for added safety.
- ActiveStrength Technology helps provide confident handling with a strong lightweight construction.
- Wear Gauge indicator helps monitor wear via tread depth.
- The sidewall’s rim protectors guard your wheels against curb damage, for example.
- For on-track tire performances, it is very durable, with a 75,000 km tread life warranty.
If you consider driving as a sport and want to get the most out of your supercar, choose the Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate!
7. Toyo Proxes 4 Plus: high-performance tire with surprising durability!
Toyo is also one of the lesser-known tire manufacturers. However, not considering this brand would be a serious mistake! Indeed, it offers high-performance tires, such as its Proxes 4 Plus model. It does better in every way than its little brother, the Proxes 4 all-season tire, which is already very efficient. Ultimate grip, as equally amazing deceleration capacity, much longer service life than its most direct competitor, and exceptional ride quiet: the Proxes 4 Plus can do it all!
With this exceptional tire from Toyo created for performance sports cars, you will enjoy:
- Enhanced handling thanks to the revolutionary formulation of its rubber, both in dry and wet condition.
- Improved responsiveness and amazing cornering performance, thanks to the unique shoulder design and the exceptional grip of the silica tread compound.
- Long-lasting tire performance, with a 47% longer tread life.
- A treadwear warranty of 80,000 km for tires with V and W speed ratings, and 72,000 km for Y rated models.
- Remarkably smooth and quiet ride on board, thanks to the advanced tread pattern with high-angle grooves and specially engineered multi-wave sipes.
The Toyo Proxes 4 Plus has nothing to be ashamed of against the competition, quite the contrary! It's the perfect alternative for those who want a tire that allows to maximize your car's capabilities while offering excellent durability. A model to seriously consider!
8. BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A\S: the best ultra-high performance tire!
BFGoodrich is one of the industry leaders, especially when it comes to choosing an ultra-high performance all-season tire. Their g-Force COMP-2 A\S tire, which belongs in this category, clearly demonstrates this fact. Exceptional traction for faster acceleration, superior braking capacity compared to the competition, and world-class grip and handling: the g-Force COMP-2 A\S is the ultimate tire for your ultra-high performance vehicle!
These few additional details will confirm it to you:
- The g-Force tread design evenly distributes stresses across the entire tire contact patch.
- It delivers optimal grip even at low temperatures, thanks to its high-silica compound that stays flexible even when the mercury drops, for constant grip on dry and wet pavement.
- This same grip also allows for reduced stopping distances compared to its competitors (up to 4.5 m less on wet roads, and up to 1.5 m less on dry surfaces).
- Excellent durability for the performances offered, since it is covered by a 70,000 km tread warranty.
If you're looking for acceleration and throttle response for your vehicle, but still want optimum braking performance, look no further than the g-Force COMP-2 A\S is the tire for you.
9. General Tire G-MAX AS-05: maximum performance for a minimum price!
General Tire is not often the first name that comes to mind when it comes to performance all-season/summer tires. And yet, this manufacturer is worth consideration, especially with its G-MAX AS-05. Offered at a very low price on our website, this tire does not make any compromise on capabilities. Available in a wide variety of sizes, it can be fitted on many types of vehicles. What is more, this General Tire model will boost your car's sporty handling with, in particular, top-level grip.
Some additional information on the General Tire G-MAX AS-05:
- Available in sizes ranging from 16 to 22 inches, it will perform as well on a lightweight sports car as it will on a high-performance SUV.
- SmartGrip technology (strong center rib + ultra stable shoulder blocks) enhances sporty handling.
- Substantially reduces the risk of hydroplaning while offering surprising grip, thanks in particular to its silica-rich compound and large grooves around the entire circumference.
- On top of exemplary durability, it is covered by an 80,000 km tread life warranty.
If you want a great performance summer tire at the best price on blackcircles.ca, this is clearly your best choice!
10. Uniroyal Tiger Paw GTZ A/S 2: top performance at a friendly price!
Another respected brand without which this article on the best performance all season/summer tires would be incomplete! Indeed, Uniroyal is a well established and very innovative tire manufacturer, and proves it again with its Tiger Paw GTZ A/S 2. Extremely durable for a tire in this category, very quiet when you drive, and ultra-high performance capabilities in wet and dry conditions: the Uniroyal Tiger Paw GTZ A/S 2 is a top level tire. These qualities usually come at a high price, but not with the Tiger Paw GTZ A/S 2, which is still very affordable at blackcircles.ca!
More precisely, the Tiger Paw GTZ A/S 2 means:
- Exceptional longevity backed by an 80,000 km treadwear limited warranty, made possible by Tru-Last Technology, which evenly distributes stress over the contact patch.
- Exceptional grip even at low temperatures, thanks to deep tread blocks and an all-season compound engineered to maintain tread flexibility in cold weather.
- Circumferential tread grooves for maximum water dispersion, which greatly reduces the risk of hydroplaning.
If you want one of the best performance all-season tires on the market without the price tag that usually comes with it, the Uniroyal Tiger Paw GTZ A/S 2 is for you!
11. Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season Plus: the all-season tire of choice for your SUV!
This top list of the best winter tires started with Pirelli, and ends in the best way with this same manufacturer! Indeed, Pirelli now markets in North America a tire designed specifically for performance SUVs and CUVs: the Scorpion Zero All Season Plus!
Designed to perform when fitted on an SUV, this tire includes exceptional features that will allow you to take great pleasure behind the wheel of your SUV, with a ride in royal comfort. Low rolling noise for a quiet interior, exemplary handling, and top-level grip for peak braking performance: the Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season Plus will make you see your SUV in a new light!
With the Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season Plus, you can count on:
- Perfect balance of durability, wet and dry grip, traction in light snow as well as great steering response, thanks to the high-performance, state-of-the-art formulation of its all-season tread compound.
- Asymmetrical tread design for improved ride quiet.
- Exceptional durability given the constraints (e.g. greater weight of an SUV compared to a sedan of the same size), backed by an 80,000 km treadwear coverage.
For exceptional driving experience and performance to match for your SUV, choose the Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season Plus!
That's the end of our top list of the best all-season/summer tires for performance vehicles! As you've seen, blackcircles Canada is sure to have the tire you need for the warm season, whether you own a high-performance coupe or sedan, or a powerful SUV! All you have to do is go to blackcircles.ca to order the tires you need for this summer and this, at the best price!