Changing tire size?
Whilst it is possible to change the size of the tires that are installed on your vehicle, you should take great care in how you make any changes as it can have a negative impact on your vehicle:
1. Smaller diameter outside due to smaller tire or rim size.
- Load capability issues
- Issues with gear settings or the speedometer
- Higher levels of fuel consumption
2. Bigger diameter outside due to bigger tire or rim size.
- Impacting the wheel arch when steering
- Heavier steering
- Issues to gear settings or the speedometer
The industry recommends that if you do change the size of your tires, it is by no more than 1% from the original tire size.
If you still wish to change the size of your tires, please contact the blackcircles.ca customer service team and we will help you purchase the right tires for your vehicle.