Best all-season tires for 2022 electric vehicles
It’s now obvious: the future of the automobile will be electric, and above all electrifying! Whether with broadline models (Bolt EV, Ioniq electric, Nissan Leaf, E-Golf, Soul EV) or premium models (Audi e-tron, BMW i3, Mercedes EQC, and Tesla Model 3, Model X or Model S), cars powered by the electric fairy have been on the market for a while, and are here to stay.
However, we’re still talking about cars here and in that sense, their wheels will always need to be fitted with tires! That's why blackcircles Canada, your online tire specialist in Canada, helps you find the best tires for electric cars, with this top 5 of the best all-season tires for this type of vehicle!
You can also return to the 2022 Top Tires page here.
1. Michelin Primacy MXM4: one of the best tires for electric vehicles!
Michelin no longer needs introduction. Founded on May 28, 1889, this tire manufacturer based in Clermont-Ferrand, France, is one of the most innovative and respected players in the industry! No wonder its Primacy MXM4 all-season tire model for electric or plug-in SUVs features in this top 5!
Aimed primarily at high-end or performance vehicles, this Michelin tire model will provide you with absolutely outstanding capabilities! Indeed, it will give your vehicle ultra-precise handling on top of providing a quiet ride and unparalleled comfort, all of this for a long time.
Thus, this tire is a true reflection of Michelin's know-how:
- Sunflower oil infused rubber allows it to stop up to 9 metres shorter than its main competitors.
- MaxTouch Construction technology considerably increases its longevity by promoting even tread wear.
Therefore, the Michelin Primacy MXM4 tire is covered by a 90,000-kilometre warranty while delivering optimum performance over time. If that's what you're looking for, it's the ideal tire for your electric car!
2. Pirelli P7 All Season Plus III: very long life and supreme comfort.
The new P7 All Season Plus III offers a comfortable and quiet driving experience with great handling on wet and dry roads as well as enhanced winter performance. Pirelli placed great emphasis on the durability and longevity of its P7 All Season Plus III tires. That means that you will be able to use them for longer than any of its predecessors. In addition, these tires are backed by a 110,000 km limited tread life warranty.
With an evenly distributed siping pattern throughout the tread, the P7 All Season Plus III delivers increased stiffness and a more even tread wear. In addition, the 3D sipes ensure that you will enjoy outstanding traction on light snow as well as on wet surfaces.
Specifically, the Pirelli P7 All Season Plus III means:
- New model.
- Durable and efficient even after years of service.
- Great braking power on wet roads.
If you're looking to drive longer charge after charge, and want the ultimate comfort aboard your electric vehicle, the P7 All Season Plus III is the tire for you!
3. Michelin Energy Saver A/S: more mileage while consuming less electricity!
And a double success for Michelin in this ranking of the best tires for electric vehicles, which confirms its position as a benchmark, with the Michelin Energy Saver A/S! This model puts the emphasis on energy efficiency and durability above all else.
For all that, it makes no concessions when it comes to safety, since it will deliver shorter braking distances and, more generally, to enjoy optimal grip thanks to the silica-based tread compound.
More specifically, Michelin's Energy Saver A/S all-season tire will allow you to:
- Reduce your braking distance by up to 2.4 meters.
- Optimize the efficiency of your electricity consumption during your travels, thanks to EnergySaver Construction technology which keeps the tire cooler.
- Drive up to 25,000 km longer than competitive tires thanks to MaxTouch Construction technology, which maximizes the tire's contact with the road. It also evenly distributes the forces of acceleration, braking and cornering.
If you're looking for the ultimate in energy efficiency for your electric vehicle, the Michelin Energy Saver A/S is the perfect tire for you!
4. Continental PureContact LS: maximum durability in royal silence!
Continental's PureContact LS model no longer needs an introduction. Ultra-durable with one of the most extensive warranties in the industry and exceptional ride quiet: this tire model for premium sedans and coupes is all about comfort, which is perfectly in line with the type of vehicle it is intended for.
Nevertheless, it remains a tire with cutting-edge performance. Rubber compound containing a heat-activated polymer for enhanced chemical bonding, the addition of silane in the compound to improve grip on slippery surfaces, exemplary handling and exceptional energy efficiency: this Continental tire will satisfy the most demanding drivers!
The Continental PureContact LS in a nutshell:
- 112,000 km Limited Tread Wear Warranty.
- Wide selection of sizes ranging from 15 to 20 inches.
- Shorter braking distances than the competition, thanks in particular to EcoPlus technology, containing +Silane additives which optimize grip on wet pavement.
- Tuned performance visual indicators that alert drivers when the tire is no longer performing optimally and indicate when it’s time to check the vehicle’s wheel alignment.
- Up to 50% reduction road noise.
If you are looking for a tire capable of high performance while remaining comfortable over time, this is the model for you!
5. Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Plus: durable tire at the best value for money!
It's no secret: Bridgestone that has the future of the planet at heart, a value it shares with manufacturers of electric vehicles. That’s why it’s committed to producing sustainable tires with a reduced footprint.
And the Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Plus tire is among these. Available in a large range of sizes for a wide variety of vehicles (compact sedans, subcompacts, SUVs and even vans), it offers a price-to-performance ratio that’s simply unbeatable.
Featuring industry-leading treadwear warranty, a design that maximizes fuel efficiency, a comfortable ride and handling at the highest level, the Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Plus is flawless!
Here are a few more facts about this tire:
- Exceptional tread life warranty (110 000 km!).
- Size range from 15 to 18 inches.
- Unparalleled energy efficiency thanks to reduced rolling resistance.
If you want a tire that will allow you to maximize the positive environmental impact of your electric vehicle over time, at a price that's as low as possible considering the features offered, the Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Plus will be perfect for you!
All of this concludes our selection of the five best tires to consider for electric cars, so you can enjoy a pleasant, long-lasting and, above all, eco-friendly drive. If you need to change your tires for the summer season, choose them now at the best price on blackcircles.ca!